New President for IPOSC
Dr Frank Martin named President for IPOSC
International Paediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus Council
Our very own Dr Frank Martin will be taking on the prestigious role of President of IPOSC from July 2016.
The international Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Council (IPOSC) “works to preserve and restore eye health and enhance visual function in children, and ocular alignment and binocularity in children and adults throughout the world”.
IPOSC are a supranational society that provides effective communication between national and international societies.
The goals of IPOSC are to:
- Promote programs and research to reduce childhood blindness, treat vision impairment in children, and improve ocular alignment in children and adults
- Encourage the development of institutions and trained practitioners to achieve the mission
- Assist educational efforts to fulfill the mission through improved education of practitioners and the public
- Provide effective communications between national and supra-national societies to achieve the mission and
- Facilitate collaboration with international foundations and non-governmental organizations to promote and enhance eye care.
Dr Martin will commence his two year term from July 2016 and is excited about the opportunity to be so closely involved in such an active and worthwhile council. For more information on IPOSC please visit http://www.iposc.org